This image is of my contribution to the latest IAIA Auction which was part of the exhibition "Making History 2022" the benefit was held to raise funds for IAIA student scholarships. This piece is a smaller version of the large silkscreened pieces that I created during my time as a participant in the Institute of American Indian Arts' Artist-in-Residence program in the fall of 2021. This small piece is a print mounted to a wood panel IAIA alumni were tasked with creating work in a specific catagory, I was placed with the "High Contemporary" group. I continued to use this image, which is a detail from the Lakota artist and warrior Red Horse's drawing of dead and dying horses at the Battle of The Little Big Horn. I feel a particular importance in using Lakota Art History in my work.

Comments